If you need help in an emergency or are in crisis:
- Visit your local emergency department or call 911
- Contact a distress centre in Ontario near you (phone numbers provided below)
Support is available. You are valued and you matter. Please reach out.
Operated by various agencies. When in need of someone to talk to. Open 24 hours a day (unless otherwise indicated).
Toronto Distress Centres (416) 408-4357 or 408-HELP
Gerstein Centre 416-929-5200
Telecare (Mandarin & Cantonese), 416-920-0497
Contact Centre Telecare Peel 905-459-7777, Languages: English, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Spanish, Portuguese
Assaulted Women’s Helpline 416-863-0511, Toll-free: 1-866-863-0511
Warm Line, Progress Place 416-960-9276 or 416-960-WARM, every day from 8pm to 12 midnight
Kids Help Phone at 1 800 668-6868
Distress Centre Peel 905-278-7208
Durham Crisis Line 905-666-0483
Oakville Distress Centre – 905-849-4541
Crisis addiction services
Toronto Withdrawal Management System
1-866-366-9513 Hours: 24/7, 365 days a year. Central Access is a primary point of entry into the Toronto Withdrawal Management Services system referral system (operated by St. Michael’s Hospital)
Mobile crisis response teams (24hrs/7days)
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line –416-929-5200service borders: south to the lake, north to Eglington, east to Bayview to Danforth and then to Victoria Park, west to Jane St..
- St. Mike’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department (911)accessible through police (no direct number).
North York/ Etobicoke:
- Provided by St. Elizabeth Health Care416-498-0043, Service borders: South to the lake to Jane, to Eglington, Eglington east to Victoria Park, north to Steeles, and west to Hwy 427
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Mobile Crisis Team via Police Department(911)accessible through police (no direct number).
- ScarboroughHospital Regional Mobile Crisis Team 416-495-2891. Service borders: south to the lake, north to Steeles Ave., east to Port Union Rd., and west to Victoria Park
- Community Crisis Response Service, Distress Centre, 905-310-COPE (2673)
- Mobile Crisis of Peel 905-278-9036, (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon)
- CreditValley Hospital905-813-4141. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and Statutory holidays, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST),905-972-8338
- Crisis Outreach and Support Team (COAST)1-877-825-9011. Covers: Oakville, Milton, Georgetown, Acton and Burlington
Dual Diagnosis crisis services
Peel Crisis Capacity Network 905 273-4900
Provides crisis response services within 24 hours to individuals with a developmental disability (including dual diagnosis) who are 11 years of age or older.